Another week already? Damn, time flies when you are in an underwater bunker. Sorry, didn’t really prepare anything. So, what’s everyone playing over the weekend? Read more
Turns out I’m not allowed to talk about my time with the ...group. Sorry, no more updates.
I heard The Division is out. That’s cool. It’s probably a quite fun 3rd person Destiny. Maybe we have an early impression of it somewhere on the site?
Anyway, what’s everyone playing over the weekend?
- Greywolfe (Twitter, YouTube): space quest 4 is gone! king's quest 6 is here! entering the tribal phase of spore in the near future and also...well...sort of making my way through gateway some more. it's hilariously hit and miss. hearthstone quests and magic: the gathering: online quests aplenty, too. that about sums up my weekend. oh. and leveling the world of warcraft mage, while i'm about it.
- Thomas (Twitter): Silence falls
- Scrooloose: Tomb Raider is done, really enjoyed that one. I hope to see another sequel from Crystal Dynamics in the future. I also played through Layers of Fear in one sitting, man that was a game that didn't let me down for some good scares. My review is up now. I'm not real sure what I'll have on the docket for this weekend. My new CPU came with a game code for the new Hitman game. Not something I'm super excited about to be honest, it's play model is blegh, but I wasn't going to turn down a free title. So I'll likely be checking that out. Perhaps I'll also go back in Tomb Raider and complete some of the challenges.
- Dante: Now that I finished Dust I've fallen into a "what to play next" hole. I've been playing Broforce and it's a lot of fun so I guess I'll keep on playin it this weekend.
- Yoda0VGs (Twitter): Well since SuperHot was the game to grasp nearly all my attention last weekend, I'll be finally looking into Rise of the Tomb Raider around Sunday.
Quick update: Life here is quite busy. Can’t tell you what we are doing, but folks are really nice! Food is also surprisingly good. I had expected lots of seafood, with us being underwater and supply deliveries only getting here once a month, but we get a surprising amount of meat and some sort of fruity vegetable.
I also met someone new. Can’t tell you her real name, so let’s just call her Melanie. Anyway, she arrived with the same group I did, so she’s just as excited to be here as I am. Some of the older members can get a bit grumpy at times, but she always has a smile on her face and a joke on her lips.
That’s pretty much all for today. Another praying session is coming up in about half an hour, after that it’s bed time.
Hope everyone is doing well! Until next week!
- Greywolfe (Twitter, YouTube): space quest 4 is done. i'm moving along to king's quest 6. in other news, i'm trying to plow through gateway. it is what it is. i will pick something else that, i hope, is more fun next game :P - hearthstone, magic: the gathering and spore are all i'm doing otherwise. [ie: things i can drop in and out of.]
- Thomas (Twitter): My head still feels funny
- Scrooloose: Been playing Rise of the Tomb Raider and enjoying it overall. Really impressive looking game, has some silly issues that seem like they just slipped by the devs for some reason. But yeah it's fun, been cool exploring the world and seeing Lara continue to grow as a character. I pulled the trigger on some new hardware for the ol' compy that should be here this weekend. Looking forward to installing that and seeing the advantages. I'll also probably finally cave and get my Windows 10 installation done... blegh
- Matthew (Twitter): Sadly nothing. L This is a weekend with no time for gaming at all. I'll get my #4iF article in by Sunday. I've got a 7am tabletop game (playing Roll20 with friends in Australia and England I'm the monkey in the time zone middle) I've then got the gym at 2:30 (so like maybe an hour snooze then out the door and then a friend's birthday. Sunday I've got to do choers around the house and recover from Saturday. L
- Yoda0VGs (Twitter): I also just picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider this morning since it had a pretty decent sale. So I'll be checking out that as well as some SuperHot this weekend!
- Andrew (12/12 Games): Just picked up Yoshi's Woolly World on Wii U. So, I'll be playing that and also probably a little Castle Crashers.
- Greywolfe (Twitter, YouTube): the end of space quest 4! evolving my creature a little more [in small steps and as i find parts] in spore! totally ignoring gateway, because i was doing that all of november and december last year, so it seems like THE RIGHT CHOICE TO MAKE! plus more leveling in world of warcraft, doing the hearthstone daily quests when they show up and also [hilariously] playing more magic: the gathering: duels [!] - mostly just so i can open a bunch of packs.
- Thomas (Twitter): They told me playing games is forbidden down there, something about interference with the spiritual barrier or some nonsene, but I'll probably manage to smuggle in a copy of Rick and Morty presents: Jerry's Game (since that hardly counts as a game anyway)
- Dante: I'm currently playing Dust: An Elysian Tail and the the end game of Disgaea 5.
- Scrooloose: Still playing XCom 2, finally making some headway. Next play through I'll have a better idea of what advancments and facilities to prioritize. Man what an awesome title this is, it makes Enemy Unknown seem pretty simple by comparison. Next will be Rise of the Tomb Raider.
- Matthew (Twitter):
- Yoda0VGs (Twitter): Hoping to tackle Transformers and Undertale this weekend to finally be done with my 4if.
- Andrew (12/12 Games): Will be making one final (likely futile) push to close out my #4iF. May also pick up Disgaea on Steam. We'll see.
Hey guys! I will take a break from doing the hard hitting investigative journalism you know me for. Why? Well, I had an epiphany. The world is a dark place. Video game companies are evil and plotting against humanity.
But there is a group of people who are trying to save us by freeing what they call “Great Old Ones”. I really don’t have time to explain all of this to you now, but if you want to understand, just mark your consoles with goat blood and a messenger will arrive in time, giving you a glimpse in what I understand is the futurepast. Anyway, I’m off to their underwater base. See you soon! Read more
Our friends over at Videogamer.com recently found out that the PS5 will allow developers to build “far more interactive worlds” than with the current generation of consoles. That’s some quality journalism over there (actually it’s based on an EDGE article), but why stop with the PS5? So let me present to you:
Why the PlayStation 6 will allow far more dynamic, interactive AND intimate gaming experiences than the PlayStation 5.
February 8th, 2016
Today I met this really cute girl Emily while waiting in line at McD and while I’m not planning on sharing many details about my private life, let’s just say I am THE MAN! We have a date on Valentine’s Day, which is about as cheesy as it can get, and I’m planning on making this a night to remember. Only issue: it’s been ages since I’ve been with a girl and I’ve never been on something that can be classified as a traditional date. Yes, I have quite a bit of catching up to do and what better way is there than using the medium of video games for it. Welcome to my Valentine’s Day Boot camp Diary, aka. Games to play on (or better before) Valentine’s Day.
Hey everybody. Sorry for last week’s WRUP, I didn’t feel too well. Things are really cool now however. Read more
Yo, yo, yo everyone! It’s your boy Dr. S [kill] bringing you another exciting episode of the WRUP straight to your balls! EYEBALLS! I MEAN EYEBALLS!
February has officially started and the G(ame)-Boys at Twinstiq are hard at work creating the freshest content [me] you can find on the webs, but don’t let your parents catch you reading it, because we are too dope for their old-timey minds! Haha!
Anyway, the weekend is super close and that means it’s time to play dem cray-cray games and party with your friends and go to church! I’m sure you are SOOOO EXCIIIIITED [please!] to share it with us, so don’t let me go all Kim Jong-un on your badonkadonks! PRAISE JESUS!
- Greywolfe (Twitter, YouTube): i'm going to be dungeoneering in world of warcraft [gnomergan and the beginnings of scarlet monastery - i'm not a fan of how they've broken it up into "wings."] - that and some hearthstone along the way, which makes it a blizzard kind of weekend. apart from that? more space quest 4. in which i _reallyreally_ steal a ship. finally for my four in february, i'll be tackling more of shovel knight and banjo tooie.
- Thomas (Twitter): Please, get me out of here! They are keeping me locked inside a room and play nothing but Christian hip-hop radio all the time. I just want to play some XCOM 2 for fucks sake.
- Dante: Disgaea 5, Hearthstone, TF2 and I'd like to finish Strider this weekend for the #4iF.
- Yoda0VGs (Twitter): Gonna start on my #4iF with Her Story. And since that shouldn't take very long I'll go ahead and restart/reboot/reset... Hard Reset as well :P
- Scrooloose: Working on the #4if still. Velvet Assassin right now, next A Story About my Uncle, then War for the Overwold. Gonna be cutting it close since I'll be gone for a week helping Yoda0vgs move. But I'm gonna make it!
- Matthew (Twitter): Getting cracking on my 4iF with Homeworld Deserts of Kharak but will also have some Xcom 2 time in there.
- Andrew (12/12 Games): Will be putting the new Smash DLC characters through their paces (with a little assistance from my son). Also just picked up Nitroplus Blasterz on PS4 so I imagine I will give that a shot as well.