Assassin's Creed: Syndicate finally made the leap to the Steam Store this week, nearly a month after it landed on consoles. So far, it seems to be faring quite a bit better than last year's entry, both critically and functionally. The question still remains though, why is this a yearly franchise anyway?
Fans of sports games like to buy yearly releases so that they can play with the most up-to-date rosters and the most realistic graphics possible. Call of Duty fans pick them up to stay competitive in multiplayer and to learn all of the latest maps and weapon loadouts. So, who the hell is continuing to ask for more Assassin's Creed? My guess is, fewer and fewer people every year.
Don't get me wrong though, Syndicate does seem to be a decent title. I just wish Ubisoft had decided to wait a little while before releasing it. Then maybe more people would actually show up to play it.
Also out this week, a game about serving tennis balls directly into people's faces (In the FACE!), a bizarre Japanesey third-person shooter with an emphasis on customization and socialization, and an interesting-looking fast-paced turn-based strategy game. No, seriously, who is asking for it!? Proceed further to see more of this week's new releases.
- Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft, Single-player, $59.99) (Controller Support)
- Tennis in the Face (10tons, Single-player, $4.99) (Controller Support, Steam Achievements)
- GOCCO of War (peakvox, Single & Multi-player, $19.99) (Controller Support, Steam Achievements)
- Rise: Battle Lines (Secret Games Co, Single & Multi-player, $5.99) (Steam Achievements)
- Mordheim: City of the Damned (Focus Home Interactive, Single & Multi-player, $39.99) (Controller Support, Steam Achievements)
- Fuego (radiostatic, Single & Multi-player, $9.99)
- Loot Hound (Rhizome Games, Single-player, $8.99) (Controller Support, Steam Achievements)
- Hard West (Creative Forge Games, Single-player, $19.99) (Controller Support, Steam Achievements)
- Switch Galaxy Ultra (Atomicom, Single-player, $9.99) (Controller Support, Steam Achievements)