We had a pretty good start, but as things go, people tend to lose interest. Some even on the day they join. Getting someone new into the team, spending quite a bit of time on showing them around and then see them not even posting a single thing is fucking annoying.
As it stands, we could try to get new people onboard again, but I fear that’s like trying to keep the Titanic afloat with a single water bucket and a broken hand. We will do it, and some of you already sent us an application, but I fear we still have to change the ship.
Granted, it’s not all bad. Our core team is able to deliver quality content and we still like each other. No infighting after 4 months of working together is certainly worthy of praise.
I just started an internal discussion about the direction we should take and hopefully we’ll find a find a solution that works for everyone.
So when you write what you are planning to play over the weekend, make sure to mention any ideas you might have.
Here’s what the team and some of our old Joystiq friends will play
- Andrew J Amideo (@Andoro36): Batman!
- Billy Colley (@Amuntoth): I'll be playing some Flame Over, as well as working on a few reviews that should be up soon.
- Cody Hall (@Yoda0VGs): Will be playing Batmobile: Arkham Knight this weekend, slugging through 10~60fps to get a review out sooner than a month after the games release :p
- Greywolfe (@lostwolfe, YouTube): leisure suit larry 5, in which we will have /way/ more exposition, kyrandia 1, in which i finally track down the saw. i knew it was somewhere, but it was in the dumbest place imaginable and more hearthstone tavern brawls. i'm not as crazy about the banana brawl as i was the nef/rag brawl, but eh. it is what it is [ie: lots of mages :(] - thinking about playing a jrpg, too, but am terrified of all those "gone forevers" they have.
- John Rausch (@visitzebes): I'm going to 100% Yoshi's New Island and dip my toes in the PS2 classic SpyFiction
- Thomas Ortsik (@Dr_Strangethumb): Enjoying Batman: Arkham Knight on my PS4 :p
- Trisha Baumgartner (twitch): playing some prison architect, along finishing my leveling on my monk in wow! HEY ANYONE NEED A HEALER?
- Trey Valeska (@Trey_Valeska): Morrowind
- Richard Mitchell (@TheRichardM): Card Crawl, and lots of it.
- Sam Prell (@SamPrell): Heavensward!
- Mike Suszek (@mikesuszek): Been into Zelda: The Minish Cap lately. Also going to some music fests!
- Susan Arendt (@SusanArendt): Ooo, good choice, Mike. Tales from the Borderlands for me.