I haven’t really slept much over this week, not at all today, so my mood is a bit on the jumpy side and I might be easily angered, but maybe that’s a good thing today. Maybe somebody needs to throw a fucking tantrum today. Read more
We‘ve recently seen what Sony has in store for us in 2016 during their Paris Games Week conference. The obvious big hitters were of course No Man’s Sky, Horizon and GT Sport (which btw. is not GT7, despite sneaking the 7 into the trailer several times, you bastard!), but we also finally saw a bit more about Dreams, the new Media Molecule game. Still not 100% sure on what it actually is, but it looks a bit like Project Spark meets 3D sculpting, which is amazing in theory, but will most likely be over everyone’s skill set when it reaches the consumer. Won’t stop me from sharing some ideas I already had with you (feel free to do the same in the comments below)
1: You play as a penis with erectile dysfunction, sliding down a huge tube. On your way to the goal you can collect Viagra pills to boost your score and grow stiffer. The catch: if you collect too many, you will suffer a heart attack and lose a life.
2: You play as multiple penii at the same time and fight against evil vaginas by pissing and spunking on them. Watch out though: if two or more penii touch each other, they decide to become homosexuals and try to convert the rest of your penii.
3: A Doodle Jump style platformer where you play as a penis. Your goal is to jump from giant bouncy boob to giant bouncy boob while avoiding condoms and hanging breasts.
4: A remake of Super Mario Bros. 1-1
While I think of more great level ideas, what is everyone playing over the weekend?
- Andrew (Twitter): Ghostbusters and Costume Quest 2 on Saturday. Then, once Halloween is overL I may just subject myself to another kind of horror entirely, Halo 2 on Games For Windows Live.
- Dante: Scream Fortress is live! There may not be a new event this year, but they added enough to make it fun again. That's what I'll be doing until it's over.
- Greywolfe (Twitter, YouTube): police quest three. i'm just about at the half-way point of the game. hearthstone's tavern brawl. if i ever get in to be able to play it, because this week seemed to be a mess for me. [but hopefully that'll be better over the weekend.] - inca [yeah. i still haven't finished it. :P] - and the tail end of rex, where i finish up exploring the abandoned city and get myself off the crazy planet. i've finished up banjo kazooie and have started up the original spyro the dragon. there's bits of it i hate. i dunno if i'll finish it. :(
- Scrooloose: Going to be getting started on Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, so excited about that. Original Sin was such a pleasure to play, still really really high on my list of top RPGs. I can't wait to see the changes in the enhanced edition. Still playing Volgarr the Viking, that's been super tough and a lot of fun. I basically play it until I can't stand failing anymore then go on to something else for a while. And of course I'll still be playing my fair share of Rocket League because I can't stop myself from loving that game.
- Steve: Destiny and Battleborn closed technical test for the most part. Also looking at phones and realizing how much Canadians get shafted by our 2 big telecoms.
- Thomas (Twitter): Maybe I’ll finally finish Halo 4 and AC: Unity. If not, I will probably return to the Witcher 3, because it’s been a while and I could use a good AAA RPG right now, since I will miss the Fallout launch.
- Trish (Twitch): Spending the weekend browsing mobile games on google plays market since ive gotten my new phone, also playing some destiny.
- Yoda0VGs (Twitter): More Vermintide for the Review!
Hodor, HODOR hodor, hodor HODOR hodor, hodor hodor; hodor hodor. Hodor. Hodor, hodor hodor; hodor hodor - hodor hodor?! Hodor! Hodor hodor, hodor hodor. Hodor. Hodor! Hodor hodor, hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor! Hodor! Hodor hodor, HODOR hodor, hodor hodor hodor hodor? Hodor, hodor. Hodor. Hodor, hodor... Hodor hodor hodor hodor?! Hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor?! Hodor, hodor. Hodor. Hodor, HODOR hodor, hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor?!
Hodor hodor - HODOR hodor, hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor! Hodor. Hodor hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor; hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor?! Hodor. Hodor hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor hodor! Hodor, hodor; hodor hodor. Hodor. Hodor. Hodor hodor hodor hodor - hodor hodor. Hodor, hodor; hodor hodor hodor. Hodor hodor - hodor; hodor hodor - hodor hodor hodor!
Hodor hodor - hodor, hodor. Hodor HODOR hodor, hodor hodor? Hodor! Hodor hodor, hodor... Hodor hodor hodor?! Hodor hodor HODOR! Hodor hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor? Hodor. Hodor hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor. Hodor. Hodor, hodor, hodor. Hodor HODOR hodor, hodor HODOR hodor, hodor HODOR hodor, hodor hodor hodor! Hodor, hodor - hodor?!
- Andrew (Twitter): Various Wii U virtual console Castlevania games. (There are actually quite a few on there.)
- Dante: Hearthstone, TF2 and who knows what else. Maybe Viewtiful Joe 2.
- Greywolfe (Twitter, YouTube): banjo kazooie is done. it is a complete blast. :) rex is nearly finished, too. just mopping up different areas of the abandoned city, now. inca got stalled, again :P - i just dread the end of that game. :) - the big world of warcraft project has nearly finished up darkshore. so i'm heading to a new zone, soon. i'm going to have to find something to replace banjo kazooie with and i'm not sure what.
- Scrooloose: Rocket League for me still. Planning on picking up Hearts of Stone for Witcher 3 and getting my Gwent decks claimed, so going through that. Also I may finally put the effort in to making my character in Path of Exile again.
- Thomas (Twitter): Probably more Kingdom, Rebel Galaxy and Rogue State. What a great season for Indie-Games. Who need Halo and Assassin’s Creed?
- Trish (Twitch): Pre ordered my copy of Fallout 4, and grinding light levels in Destiny. I'm so terrible at this game it's not funny.
- Yoda0VGs (Twitter): Gonna be checking out some Warhammer Vermintide!!
Picture: The Young Folks
Wooohooo, time for a WRUP.
We got some new information on the Nintendo NX. According to the fucking (Pay-)Wall(ed) Street Journal… You know what? Let’s talk about this bullshit instead, Nintendo news gets its own piece. It’s Rant time. Read more
I've been away for a week and the first thing I see on the front page is a very awkward yet appealing gluteus maximus, otherwise known as a 'butt'. Loved the article by the way Grey. Alright let's start this wrap up right by talking about a game that is on sale on Steam that might be a decent buy if you're looking for something to waste time on or even if you're looking for a new 'scratch that itch' game.
If you haven't already picked up Darkest Dungeon it might be the time.
Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic rogue like turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring. Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes against unimaginable horrors, stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Can you keep your heroes together when all hope is lost? - Steampage
Yes it is in early access, but this isn't one that's going to stay in early forever, from what I've read the game is close to release with only a few minor bumps to iron out. Also from the reviews being mostly positive I might actually snatch this one up too.
On a side note, I'd like to say that I've fallen to temptation. Yes, I, Tisnight have started playing Destiny. *Pauses as the audience screams in horror* Alright, calm down, it's actually not as bad as I was lead to believe but it's still not my cup of tea. Haven't been in a shooter mood as much I've been in a simulation mood, and that's where prison architect has been scratching my gaming itch.
But enough about me, what else is everyone playing?
My thoughts exactly.
Alright guys I'm outta here.
So, it seems that the good doctor will be without internet for a few days and, evidently, the honorable task of posting the weekly WRUP has now fallen to me. I shall try not to disappoint.
But what to talk about here? How about the fact that we're into October already? How crazy is that?! I feel like July just ended, but that was two months ago already!
At least I can start counting down to my favorite holiday now. For me, October is a month-long celebration of all things spooky and/or Halloween-related. And I don't just mean costumes, candy, and pumpkins (though those are all certainly helpful).
What's everybody playing?
Well, turns out that my game of the year so far, is a game I’m too chickenshit to play myself, and it’s actually not that great of a game anyway. SOMA, the new title by the folks behind the first Amnesia, offers one of the most interesting pieces of Sci-Fi I’ve seen in years however. It’s a story that keeps you guessing all the way through and is asking some really great questions. Shame it’s a horror title.
But what’s everybody playing over the weekend? Read more
Wasn’t there supposed to be some Gamescom stuff? Oh, I’m not supposed to talk about that? Well, fine. So let’s talk about the latest in gaming... Sorry, no idea. I’m completely out of the loop. All I know at the moment is MGS (awesome), Mad Max (somewhere between meh and fun) and a game I’m not allowed to talk about.
I might get back into streaming and video, but my accent is still super thick and since my 90€ editing software is still not working (fuck you Cyberlink with your shit software and support, and fuck you Amazon for not allowing refunds on downloads), the quality will probably suck.
But enough with the nonsense, what is everybody playing? Read more
Turns out that the PC version of Metal Gear Solid 5 is still the ultimate one. Not because the console versions have performance issues or look much worse (they don’t), but because you can do this on a PC Read more
Metal Gear Solid is out. Mad Max is out. What a great time to be sick.
I went for MGS and what I got wasn’t exactly what I expected. It’s more Ubisoft than MGS. Splinter Cell meets Far Cry meets Assassin’s Creed, with plenty of silly sprinkled in.
A great game, no question about it, but not story driven and therefore not Metal Gear Solid. Where are my hour long cutscenes? Whats up with all the collectible shit? Hundreds of side missions?
The gameplay is great, the amount of content you get for the money is outstanding for a game like this, you can listen to Kids In America while your horse takes a shit on civilians that got burnt to a crisp, and there is enough Hideo Kojima (non)sense in it for me to love it, but as someone who fucking adored MGS2, I feel this little speck of “disappointment dust” in my eye, and the more I try to rub it out, the more it itches.
But what is everybody else playing this weekend?