Hey everyone, Scrooloose here with my game club pick for this week. This time it's World of Goo, a puzzler from developer 2D Boy. This one's just for sitting and relaxing and honestly after Spec Ops: the Line don't we need to sit and relax a little?
The goal is to move though the world by solving puzzles on each screen to see a rather charming story unfold. That's about it. Simple and cute and a good way to spend a few hours using your brain.
It's worth noting that the resolution is locked at 800 x 600 but I'll post below how to change that. A big thank you to steam user Blootrix for creating this guide for both PC and MAC users.
-Right click on World of Goo
-Click Local Files
-Click Browse Local Files
-Open "config" with notepad
-You should now see this. (Ignore the message left by the Sign Painter, it's there as a joke)
<!-- IMPORTANT WARNING: If you edit this file, your computer will probably explode. Your friend, the High Resolution Sign Painter -->
<param name="language" value="en"/>
<param name="screen_width" value="800"/>
<param name="screen_height" value="600"/>
<param name="refreshrate" value="60" />
<param name="ui_inset" value="10"/>
-Now change "screen_width" and "screen_height" to your resolution. 1080p would be
<param name="screen_width" value="1920"/>
<param name="screen_height" value="1080"/>
MAC (Courtsey of Regi524)
1. Open a new finder window.
2. Goto your users folder.
3. Open 'Library' and find 'Application Support'.
4. Once in Application Support, find Steam.
5. Once in, goto 'SteamApps', 'common', 'World of Goo'.
6. RIGHT click on World of Goo.app(or just simply called World of Goo) and click "Show package contents".
7. Open Contents
8. Open Resources, game and then properties.
8. Open config.txt with textedit or another text editing software.
Thanks for checking this out and have fun with it. Of course make sure you join us as usual when we discuss the game during our game club podcast next weekend.
System requirements for World of Goo area s follows
- Supported OS:Windows® XP or Vista
- Processor:1GHz or faster
- Memory:512+MB RAM
- Video:Any 3D graphics accelerator less than 5 years old
- DirectX® Version:9.0c
- Hard Drive:100MB
- OS: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later
- Processor:Intel Core Duo
- Memory:512 MB
- Graphics:64 MB
SteamOS + Linux:
- Processor:1 GHz or faster
- Memory:512 MB or more
- Graphics:hardware accelerated OpenGL 1.4 support
- Hard drive:100 MB free space